3822 Frisco Road in Sherman
We are looking for enthusiastic volunteers to work in our ReStore!
Can you or your friends, church, civic club, or business like to volunteer?
Can you donate any gently used home furnishings, appliances, building materials, tools, or more for us to sell in our ReStore?
If so, please contact Carrie Bolin, ReStore Manager, at 903-327-3204 or email ReStoregrayson@gmail.com.
So… just what IS a Habitat for Humanity ReStore?
A ReStore is a retail store open to the public that sells new and gently used donated furniture, appliances, building materials, plumbing fixtures, windows, doors, cabinets, flooring, and other home improvement items at a fraction of their retail cost. The donations come from individuals like you, as well as large stores, contractors, realtors, renovators, hotels, apartments, assisted living facilities, restaurants, and more.
Tons and tons of these perfectly useable items are kept out of our landfills and are recycled back into use by families in need of them. The proceeds from their sale go directly to enable Habitat for Humanity of Grayson County to build and repair more homes for Partner Families right here in our community.
In addition, 10% of the ReStore’s proceeds are tithed to assist Partner Families overseas. Currently our ReStore has chosen to direct that tithe to build sturdy and lasting homes for persons in Haiti.
Every item you donate to the ReStore is inventoried, cleaned, and sold in order to raise these funds. Every purchase you make from the ReStore is part of that same process. Every hour that you volunteer to help the ReStore operate is yet another way to make a positive difference in the lives of God’s people in need.
Every person that gets involved in this supporting role for the ministry of Habitat for Humanity is essential to its success.
If YOU would like to donate, shop, or volunteer at the ReStore supporting Habitat for Humanity of Grayson County, please contact the ReStore Manager, Carrie Bolin via her cell phone: 903-327-3204 or by email: ReStoregrayson@gmail.com.
Donated items accepted by the ReStore of Habitat for Humanity of Grayson County
- Furniture – clean, undamaged couches, chairs, tables, lamps, bed frames, etc.
- Electric appliances seven years old or less and in good working condition
- Sinks and tubs
- Toilets and other plumbing fixtures and parts in working condition
- Hand tools
- Power tools – electric, battery powered, or gas
- Lawn and garden tools
- Cabinets, complete with doors
- Countertops and vanities
- Lighting fixtures and ceiling fans with mounting hardware
- Architectural items like columns, mantles, and antiques
- Housewares like pots and pans, dishes, décor, kitchen appliances, all in good condition
- Siding, roofing materials
- Windows and screens
- Flooring – tile, wood, laminate — at least three boxes minimum
- Carpeting – clean and at least 8’x10’
- Hardware – hinges, bolts, door knobs, screws, nails, etc.
- Interior and exterior doors with frames
- Electrical fuses, breakers, switches, etc.
- Lumber, plywood, trim, sheetrock, etc. in at least half sheet or 6 foot long pieces
- Masonry, cinderblocks, bricks, etc. Must be dropped off – we can’t pick those up
- Window blinds, air vents
- Air conditioning units and electric space heaters in working condition
We cannot accept:
- Mattresses or bedding
- Soiled carpeting
- Water heaters
- Damaged or incomplete cabinets
- Children’s cribs, car seats, toys, etc.
- Broken or rusted appliances
- Damaged doors
- Tires or automotive parts
- Broken windows
- Broken or unframed glass or mirrors
- Clothing, toys, shoes
- Pesticides or any hazardous/toxic chemicals
- Musical instruments
- Paint or paint thinners
- Garage doors or door openers
- Any materials containing lead or asbestos
- Console televisions
- Non-working electronics
- Trash compactors
- We sell donated items in as-is condition.
- We cannot accept any items that would require repairs.
Thank you for your understanding!